Share Babyortyl

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mighty Oakes Update

All, hope you’re enjoying your Friday mornings everywhere out there.  We wanted to let everyone know that we really need (again) strong prayers and thoughts coming to our little Oakesie.  He is rejecting his new lungs.  He has been for several days, but it’s gotten more intense overnight to the point where the vent is not helping him breathe so his numbers are moving into dangerous territory.  The doctors have decided to move him to an oscillating vent (something more intense than the regular vent) to see if that helps and, if it doesn’t, then he may have to go on the ECMO machine which will buy us a few days to try to figure out if they can treat the rejection.  At this point, he’s not a candidate for a second transplant or the artificial lung machine, so we’ll just have to see how he does the next day or two.  We have seen him rally from this before and we expect the same.  However, the doctors don’t seem as confident.  So….one day at a time, one hour, one second….we’ll get through this and, as always, we love you all and we appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers.


Much Love,


Greg, Becky, Isla P and Mighty Oakes

The Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation




No comments:

Post a Comment