Share Babyortyl

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week 31, She's pink, has strong lungs and is listening to us!


Our not-so-little-one is just a bit closer to her birth weight and height at around 4 pounds and 17 inches. With each added layer of fat, Baby O's skin is starting to look more and more like it will when she finally gets to see the light of day, her skin is now pink instead of red. The heavy news: our miracle-gro muffin will gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. (Great. That's just what Becky wants to hear! Even more weight to carry around!) This week marks an incredible milestone in Baby O's lung development. Before now, the air sacs and branches in her lungs were present but not functional. The lungs were not able to inflate properly. However, now there is surfactant being produced in Baby O's lungs. Surfactant prevents baby's lungs from collapsing outside of the uterus and she is able to take in air and breathe properly. (I wonder if this is why she is hiccuping almost daily?) Our cute little chubber's fetal ear is almost completely developed both inside and out. She can hear our voices and other familiar sounds (Ashby barking?) that she will recognize after birth.

Nothing really new to report. My Dr's appointment this week went really well. My weight and moving on the nursery this week. My back has been feeling better. I realized that I was making it worse measurements were good and Baby O's heartbeat sounded good too. The Doctor tried to determine where her head is just by feeling my abdomen, but couldn't tell yet. She thought in a couple of weeks it would be easy to determine. So from here till week 36 I will go see the Doc every other week, then from 36 weeks on I will go in every week! My progress on the nursery has been non-existent. I have been trying to gather tax info over the last few week (I've also been procrastinating), but am going to try to push myself, and get it done. My back has been feeling better this week, I determined I have to just slow down a bit, which I don't really like, but everyone has told me to enjoy the slow pace while I can! I also had a Valentine's pre-natal massage on Wednesday which was wonderful, I am sure that helped my back and aching bones! Thanks Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment