Share Babyortyl

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 27, We are now in the Third Trimester!

Our not-so-tiny-anymore brilliant baby (about 2 pounds 3 ounces and 15.3 inches long!) is slowly rotating in preparation to “head out.” Even now, at the beginning of the third trimester, her little lungs are already capable of breathing air while the pulmonary vascular system can provide sufficient gas exchange and the central nervous system can generally regulate rhythmic breathing as well as her basal body temperature.



Our last night in Maui, having dinner at Spago, yum!

I can't believe we are in the home stretch, it feels like these last 3 months have flown by! Just in the last week have I really start to feel like I'm carrying around extra weight. I think I'm walking a little slower, I lose my breath a lot faster and for the first time last night when I got into bed I noticed that my ankles were all swollen! All in all, I feel really good, and can't complain!

Our "Babymoon" was a wonderful treat, Greg and I both loved getting away for a bit and spoiling ourselves. We did lots of laying around at the pool and beach, we loved watching the sunset every evening and looking for whales during the day, Greg managed 5 rounds of golf, and we had some really wonderful meals. We are now back in Denver, with our Puppy (whom we missed terribly, (Thanks Pete & Katrina for spoiling her for us!) and we're getting back into the swing of things. Lots to do now that the baby will be here in 3 months...getting furniture for the nursery, picking a stroller, car seat, highchair, and all of the little stuff too, not to mention we still don't have a name!

Stay tuned, I'll be posting Maui pics this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment