Share Babyortyl

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Week 34, 6 weeks and counting!


{Right after the gym!}

Our amazing baby is on the move! She's been riding fairly high in Becky's stretched-out womb till now (while kindly compressing Becky's poor internal organs), but now she's planning on making the big move to Beck's pelvis this week. (We're just hoping she heads down, head down! Until now I have consistently felt Baby O moving really low, somewhere between my groin and hip bone and always on my right side, but just this week I felt kicks and jabs a little higher up and even both sides at the same time, so I'm hoping that she has started rotating and is temporarily on her side?! I have a Dr's appt on Thursday so I'm hoping for an update on where she is.) Our cute little girl's hair continues to get longer and thicker. Her fingernails may now reach over the finger tips so she's probably ready for a trip to the baby spa. In general, most of Baby O's prenatal physical development is pretty much up to snuff and ready for the outside world. Naturally, further weight gain is expected—so Becky is still not at maximum capacity despite probably feeling like she is definitely maxed out. (For sure feeling maxed out. Moving slow and methodically. I've given up on Greg's car, just too uncomfortable to get in and out of. I really could use that crane to roll me over at night. I have found the easiest way to roll over is to just sit up, reposition then lay back down. My back is feeling better. I've been taking it easy, stretching daily, going to yoga and this week I started swimming!)

Not too much to report this week. We had out third Childbirthing class, one more to go. We toured the hospital which was helpful. We know where to park, where to go, and generally, I (Becky) have a sense of what I need to do once we get there. Can't speak for Greg on that one. His main comment leaving the hospital was that he wished the TV's were bigger! He also mentioned that he hopes I go into labor during the NFL football draft so that he will have something to watch on TV during labor and delivery...Seriously?
DL, will you please clue him in!
Will someone, anyone clue the poor guy in!

No comments:

Post a Comment