Share Babyortyl

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 32, 8 weeks remaining, the countdown is on!

In the latest womb reports, our amazing baby weighs nearly 4 pounds, her crown-to-rump length is approximately 11.7 inches and her total length is about 18.9 inches. Baby O's body growth will slow down from now on. Because of the lack of space in the uterus, the legs are drawn up in what is known as the fetal position. This week her movements will peak. (Thank goodness!) Baby O sleeps 90-95% of the day, and sometimes experiences REM sleep, an indication of dreaming. Our cuter than ever little lady is probably head-down at this point and may occasionally stretch out and kick Becky in the ribs. The pressure on Becky's rib cage can make her sore. (I haven't felt any kicks to the ribs, but she is moving more than ever, day and night. Her internal alarm clock goes off every morning around 4am and she starts her Jane Fonda workout then. I'm lucky if I can fall back asleep!) The wrinkles on our little girl's face are disappearing as fat is still being deposited throughout the baby's face and body. Baby O will turn her head if touched on the cheek and open her mouth if the bottom lip is tickled. By this time she can also suck and swallow in a coordinated way. (She's getting ready to feed!)

Besides feeling tired from those early morning work outs, I'm feeling good. A little sore here and there, still moving slow, but I'm good. Baby O has hiccups nearly every day now and boy is she a squirmer! I selfishly am ready for her to join us outside of my uterus...the countdown is officially on!

We had our first Childbirth class at the hospital this week. There are 6 other couples in the class all over 30, so I'm hopeful that in the four weeks of classes we can make some friends that are going through the same changes that we are. I, Becky though the class was helpful and informative, I learned a handful of things I didn't already know. Greg was less than enthusiastic about the class. The photos of a placenta that we saw were enough to turn him off to the class completely. Greg shared with the group that his main fear is passing out during the delivery (he's not one for blood at all, he won't even walk into a room if a medical show like ER is on), I completely sympathise with his thoughts, subsequently now my fear is that he passes out too. I think the most important thing I learned in class #1 is that I will need a doula for the delivery!

So the dresser/changing table is complete! Greg brought it up to the nursery for me and we picked up hardware yesterday. The crib should be here soon, and bedding has been ordered (I changed my mind about making it after wrapping up the dresser, what was I thinking?) Next we need to pick out a rocker/glider and just organize the room. We are getting there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment