Share Babyortyl

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week 22, She is getting bigger!

Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 7.6 inches and your growing baby weighs about 12.25 ounces now! The organ systems in your baby's body are becoming specialized for their particular functions. Your baby's senses are developing daily. The fetus now has a full complement of neurons in the brain and is learning about her body and surroundings through touch. Touch is one of the first senses to mature and your baby may stroke its face or feel her arms and legs. Your baby now shows an extremely rapid brain growth (which lasts until five years after birth). The ovaries of female fetuses contain primitive egg cells, all of the eggs a woman will have for her entire life. The uterus of female fetuses is also fully formed.

So I will try to get an updated picture to post in the next day or two. I think last week the baby really pooped out a bit. It seemed like it happened in one day, Greg came home from work and commented that something had changed that day. Maybe the banana sized girl was just too big to stay within my frame and I popped out! She has also started moving like crazy. I usually feel her throughout the day, just gently moving around. Although I have already felt a couple of movements that have startled me. By the time I get to Greg she has calmed down and there is nothing that he can feel yet.
We flew to Saint Louis for a few days and while I was in the airport a woman casually asked me when I was due, which I was thrilled to answer. I was just excited to think that I am looking pregnant and not just chubby. We had tons of fun in Saint Louis visiting family and friends. We got lots of baby gifts which was lots of fun. I will have to take some pics and share her growing and stylish wardrobe with everyone. We also found out that Greg's sister Shani and her husband Jamie Wahl are expecting their first baby, and only 6 weeks after us!! We are so excited Baby Girl O will have a cousin so close in age!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a happy and safe New Year too!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they will be 1 month and 1 day apart like Shani and I.
    Glad you both are doing well!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete