Share Babyortyl

Friday, December 7, 2012

Ornaments!

A quick follow up. 

I had shared the info about these beautiful MOHF ornaments weeks ago on facebook. I got messages from many friends saying they had ordered one or several, so I had guessed they were already on trees or wrapped as gifts. I got this email first thing this morning from Mel, one of Oakes very special nurses, whom I will tell you more about one day soon. For now here is her email....

Beck!

Last night I went to Bunko in my neighborhood.  We played Bunko and had the annual ornament exchange.  I am sure you can see where this is going.

I, of course brought Oaksies’ ornament and then ensued God's work through baby Oakes.  The whole room (12) was crying when we read aloud the story about Oakes and the ornament. 

The ornament was loved and was not "robbed from the neighbor" the entire evening.  Everyone there wanted Oakes website and ornament website and then one woman who I didn't know spoke up.

She explained how she had a sister that lived for 18 months with congenital heart disease in the late 60's. she was very tearful but so amazed and thankful to hear about your foundation.

I hope this never gets old for you and there is certainly a part of my heart always breaks for you, Greg, and Isla, but I count it a blessing and a privilege to share your beautiful baby and his story with others.

All of you continue to touch so many lives.  Oakes is a force.  He moves about effortlessly on his planet touching people deeply, and YOU are his momma.  You and Greg had a hand in making him...and this Christmas season, he is in full swing work mode.

Love ya!

Mel

Ps. Told you the ornaments were gonna sell out ;)

----------------------------

As I have been putting this post together I got a text from Cindy, the creative genius behind the ornaments, and this is what she shared. Amazing, just amazing! 

Cindy: Check this out!
Oakes is so prayed for, loved and missed. He is truly an angel, Becky!

And she forwarded this from Diane, at Bliss Monogramming: We made the Costal Star! Some facts are strewn...but hey....the lady asked if we were featuring any charities with our items....Yeeesss!!....More money for MOHF!!!



----------------------------------------

Thank you Mel, Cindy and Diane for putting a huge smile on my face today. Thank you for sharing our story, and generating more attention to MOHF and Congenital heart defects....what an amazing Christmas gift to Greg and Isla and myself!

Mighty love!
Becky










3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! sooooo sweet! hoooray for your mighty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! LOVE IT ALL! Thanks for sharing, Becky .

    ReplyDelete