Share Babyortyl

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas!

Hello friends!

Two things I wanted to share.
First, Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, emails and messages after my last post. It is still moving how touched everyone is by our story and our family.

I wasn't exaggerating that it really took 5 months to complete that post. It was so hard to keep reliving that day as I wrote and edited everything. It was so hard at the end just to edit the post and try to correct grammar, and read through it making sure that it made sense. Anyway, it felt GREAT to share. I had felt like I owed everyone the details of his last day. So many people have been on this journey with us, I thought it would bring some peace to our friends, maybe some closure, and hopefully some inspiration too.

I have been thinking about writing a book, or a few of them. I just need a smidge of time, I don't feel ready yet, but I think about it everyday. I don't know what I should wrote about exactly.....Oakes life, our life with Oakes, the lessons we have learned, kids books.....I am not sure. Any suggestions?

My second reason for posting is that I wanted to plant a little seed in your head. I think most of us are finishing up our holiday shopping, and I have a great suggestion of what you might add to your shopping list.

I have a friend from High school named Cindy. We actually only went to school together for one year but we were the best of friends in that year. After nearly 20 years Cindy and I have reconnected on facebook. She had her first child just weeks apart from Oakes' birth, so in that maternal, hormonal way she has felt very connected to our story, to Oakes' life, and our family. On her own, she partnered with a local story that she loves and they have made the most amazing Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation Christmas ornaments. They made 100 ornaments by hand. They are $20 a piece, and get this, 100% of the proceeds go to MOHF!


Super cute, right? These ornaments would be great for teachers, for family members, for a friend that you know who has been following our story, for a family that has been affected by a congenital heart defect or simply for your own family Christmas tree!

Here is the link to order the ornaments online.
http://www.blissmonogramming.com/mioaor.html#.UMDMcKU5S0u

Hugs to all of our friends!
Especially to Cindy and our new friends at Bliss Monogramming,
XO
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment