Share Babyortyl

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 25, Gaining weight, moving fingers, and scootching!


Baby Ortyl's crown-to-rump length is about 8.8 inches. Weight has increased to around 1.5 pounds. Her physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of her remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. Baby O is able to do more with her fingers now and can move her fingers to make a complete fist. As Baby O becomes more dexterous, she will be able to touch and hold her feet. Babies also begin to prefer their left hand or right hand at this time. This week they’ll be scootching slowly out of the old breech position and start rotating (already!) into a better position for exit during their birth. Their head and feet are slowly rotating so that the head is pointed down towards the birth canal. Time is short just 14 weeks left before I can go back to being a single-resident human!! {Image Via Flickr}


This has been another good week, although it was a long one. Greg was out of town most of the week so it was mostly Ashby and I all week. I got out of the house a lot, doing some exploring. I discovered Denver's antique district which was a bit of a disappointment. I also visited several fabric stores in search of girly fabrics to make bedding and curtains for Baby O's nursery. I have several really great options, I just need to decide on my favorite and then get sewing! It dawned on me last week that we only have a few more months before this Baby joins us in the house and we are not ready at all. She has a growing closet, and adorable shoes and two excited parents but that is about it! We will be deciding on a crib and other furniture today. Hopefully I will soon have pictures of a nursery to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment